The team at WriteBoost runs a service called WriteBoost and would be honored for you to use it. The service is designed to give you as much control and ownership over what you write as possible. However, be responsible in what you write. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items (things like spam, viruses, or serious threats of violence) are on your site or get linked to are included in your documents.
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before using the Service. By accessing or using any part of the Service, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Service. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by WriteBoost, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
The Service is not directed to children younger than 13, and service on the Service is only offered to users 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 years old, please do not register to use the Service. Any person who registers as a user or provides their personal information to the Service represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
- Your WriteBoost.com Account and Site. If you use the Service, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account. You must not write or publish content in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and WriteBoost may change or remove any content that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause WriteBoost liability. You must immediately notify WriteBoost of any unauthorized uses of your your account or any other breaches of security. WriteBoost will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors.
If you write and publish documents or Content using the Service, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Service (any such material, “Content”), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of what form the Content takes, which includes, but is not limited to text, photo, video, audio, or code. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that your content does not violate these terms or the User Guidelines.
If you delete Content, WriteBoost will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Service, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, WriteBoost has the right (though not the obligation) to, in WriteBoost’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content or document that, in WriteBoost’s reasonable opinion, violates any WriteBoost policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Service to any individual or entity for any reason, in WriteBoost’s sole discretion. WriteBoost will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms.
Optional paid services may be available on the Service (any such services, an “Upgrade”). By selecting a paid service or Upgrade you agree to pay WriteBoost the monthly, quarterly, or annual subscription fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up and will cover the use of that service for a monthly, quarterly or annual subscription period as indicated. Payments are not refundable.
- WriteBoost Renewal.
Unless you cancel your subscription using WriteBoost.com or otherwise notify WriteBoost before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel an Upgrade, your Upgrade subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual, quarterly, or monthly subscription fee for the service (as well as any taxes when applicable) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Payments may be canceled at any time from your settings area.
- General Terms.
- Responsibility of Service Visitors. WriteBoost has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Service, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Service, WriteBoost does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Service may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Service may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. WriteBoost disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Service, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Services. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the Services and webpages to which WriteBoost.com links, and that link to WriteBoost.com. WriteBoost does not have any control over those non-WordPress Services and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-WordPress Service or webpage, WriteBoost does not represent or imply that it endorses such Service or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. WriteBoost disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-WordPress Services and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As WriteBoost asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by WriteBoost.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify WriteBoost in accordance with WriteBoost’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. WriteBoost will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. WriteBoost will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Service if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of WriteBoost or others. In the case of such termination, WriteBoost will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to WriteBoost.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from WriteBoost to you any WriteBoost or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with WriteBoost and Mentat Ventures, LLC, WriteBoost.com, the WriteBoost.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with WriteBoost.com, or the Service are trademarks or registered trademarks of WriteBoost or WriteBoost’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Service may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Service grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any WriteBoost or third-party trademarks.
- Advertisements. WriteBoost reserves the right to display advertisements on your account unless you have purchased a paid service level.
- Changes. We are constantly updating our services, and that means sometimes we have to change the legal terms under which our services are offered. If we make changes that are material, we will let you know by posting on our blog, or by sending you an email or other communication before the changes take effect. The notice will designate a reasonable period of time after which the new Terms will take effect. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using WriteBoost.com within the designated notice period. Your continued use of WriteBoost.com will be subject to the new Terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
- Termination. WriteBoost may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your WriteBoost.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Service is provided “as is”. WriteBoost and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither WriteBoost nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Service will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Service at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will WriteBoost, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to WriteBoost under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. WriteBoost shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless WriteBoost, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Service, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Translation. These Terms of Service were originally written in English (US). We may translate these Terms into other languages. In the event of a conflict between a translated version of these Terms of Service and the English version, the English version will control.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between WriteBoost and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of WriteBoost, or by the posting by WriteBoost of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Service will be governed by the laws of the state of North Carolina, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Forsyth County, North Carolina. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in North Carolina, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; WriteBoost may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.